Albany High School
Abrookin Career & Technical Center 99 Kent Street Albany, NY 12206
Part of Albany High School's Career and Technical Education (CTE) track, this program supplements required high school courses with a cosmetology course in each of 3 years - grades 10,11, and 12. Also includes electives in accounting, and business concepts and applications. Results in a technical endorsement on a Regents or Advanced Regents diploma. Generates up to 3 college credits valid at Hudson Valley Community College or advanced standing in Equal Opportunity Center's cosmetology training. Job shadowing, project based learning and industry COOPS are features of the program. Students run their own in-house salon providing hair, nail, and facial treatments.
Format: 7 hrs/day x 4 years
- Chemical Services
- Hair Designing
- Physical Services
- Safety And Sanitation
- Salon-Related Business Skills
- Scientific Concepts Of Cosmetology
- Cosmetology (NOCTI)
- New York State Appearance Enhancement License
- Personal Care and Service
- Available via: trainer, online, classes
- Eligibility restrictions: Limited to students in grades 9-12 who live in the Albany City school district. Application is through school counselors.