Albany High School
Abrookin Career & Technical Center 99 Kent Street Albany, NY 12206
Part of Albany High School's Career and Technical Education (CTE) track, this program supplements required high school courses with a carpentry course in each of 3 years - grades 10,11, and 12. Also includes electives in design & production, and civil engineering & architecture. Results in a technical endorsement on a Regents or Advanced Regents diploma. Job shadowing, project based learning and industry COOPS are features of the program.
Format: 7 hrs/day x 4 years
- Carpentry Products And Materials
- Carpentry Tools And Equipment
- Exterior Finishing
- Interior Finishing
- Rough Carpentry And Framing
- NOCTI Carpentry-Advanced
- Home Builders Institute (HBI) Residential Construction Academy
- National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) Carpentry Level 1
- Construction and Extraction
- Available via: trainer, online, classes
- Eligibility restrictions: Limited to students in grades 9-12 who live in the Albany City school district. Application is through school counselors.